Early Childhood Program
What is Raising Baby?
Raising Baby is a free, live online home visiting program that provides customized, individual sessions with a Parent Coach and Early Childhood Clinician. In addition, you can join other families in a virtual group setting to support each other and build community relationships.
Who can join Raising Baby?
Pregnant families in their third trimester living in and around the North Hollywood area and/or Pico-Robertson area.
What to expect on each visit?
Together with your Raising Baby Team, you will discuss parenting challenges and successes that include the following topics:
- Child development (social-emotional, motor, language, and cognitive)
- Strengthening family relationships
- Challenges impacting your parenting values and decisions
- Personalized community resources and screenings, if needed
- Raising Baby is free
- No insurance is required
- We do not ask about your income level or immigration status
- Visits are tailored to each individual family’s needs
- Welcome baskets with baby essentials provided at sign up
- Free use of electronic devices available while enrolled in our program
- Staff are culturally sensitive and trauma informed
- Free books for each developmental stage
Meet our Raising Baby Team
Lisa Weisbaum, LCSW, Director of Early Childhood Program
Lisa Weisbaum comes with 15 years of experience working with children and families who have experienced trauma, abuse, and neglect through in-home visits, mental health assessments, and crisis interventions. Most recently, Lisa supervised an assessment program with children ages birth to five who were referred due to detention by the Department of Children and Family Services. Lisa is also a member of the Zero to Three organization.
Melanie Weiner, LMFT, Early Childhood Clinician
Melanie Weiner has over 13 years of experience in Perinatal Mental Health. She facilitates pregnancy and postpartum support groups for parents of all genders. Melanie has been working with parents and families as a clinician, group facilitator, and educator in multiple settings, and has been with Jewish Family Service LA since 2007. She is a member of Postpartum Support International.
Sandra Ayala, Parent Coach
Sandra Ayala has over 25 years of experience working with children and families in home visiting programs, Early Head Start, and Head Start. Sandra holds an Associate’s Degree in Child Development, a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, and is a certified Lactation Educator Counselor.
To learn more and connect with our Raising Baby team, please fill out the form below.
Need help and don’t know where to start?