We offer compassionate and personalized care for people experiencing domestic violence and their children. You can help.
- Completion of a state-required domestic violence training, provided by the program, prior to volunteering.
- Agree to attend mandatory quarterly supervision facilitated by JFS Hope volunteer coordinator.
- Answer our 24-hour crisis and referral hotlines.
- Work at one of our two emergency shelters located in the San Fernando Valley by assisting staff with: organizing donations, creating new client files, and weekly grocery shopping.
- Provide recreational activities for the children in shelter.
- Teach a class to clients in shelter that would provide a new skill, such as cooking, nutrition, or computer literacy.
- Assist with administrative office work at a JFS Hope Counseling Center.
- Participate in special activities for clients at JFS Hope.
Please contact our Director of Volunteers & Training at 323-556-2928